One humans stress is not the same as another. Differnt things in our life trigger the stress hormones to be released within our bodies. This causes a chain reaction of cortisol levels to surge through our body. Stress is just not physical, it is mechanical as well. Our body will react causing primary and secondary stress responses. What is all these stress factors doing to our body?
PRIMARY STRESS RESPONSE
IMMEDIATE & URGENT RESPONSE to SERIOUS THREAT
MUSCLES: tense in readiness for action.
SWEAT GLANDS: start up to cool the underlying and overheated muscles.
BLOOD: thickens to help it carry more oxygen, fight infection & stop bleeding
CHOLESTEROL: high cholesterol in blood can cause hardening of the arteries.
BLOOD: heart works harder due to thickened blood.
LIVER: body’s own fats and proteins broken down and released to provide further energy.
HEART: begins to pound, sending blood around body carrying sugar (energy) and hormones (eg. adrenalin)
SKIN: pales as blood diverted to vital organs.
SECONDARY STRESS RESPONSE
ONGOING RESPONSE to UNDEALT WITH STRESS
HEART: racing heartbeat and high blood pressure can lead to strokes or heart attacks.
SKIN: less blood supply can lead to diseases developing
LIVER: glycogen converted to blood sugar to give ‘short distance’ energy.
LUNGS: air passage dilates, breathing more intense to provide more oxygen to feed increase blood supply.
MUSCLES: ongoing tension leads to aches & pains, even muscle strain.
LUNGS: super-oxygenated blood can lead to blackouts and upset heart rhythms.
DIGESTION: processes shut down as blood diverted elsewhere. Mouth goes dry to avoid adding extra fluids to stomach.
BLADDER & RECTUM: Muscles relax to release any excess load.
DIGESTION: shutdown can lead to stomach problems, particularly if you eat on the run. Increase in acidity can contribute to stomach ulcers.
However, our body is designed to give us "warning signs" these are the emotional and physical attributes our bodies will process.
Below are some of the messages our bodies send to tell us we’re stressed.
KEY: Early Warning Signs, Secondary Stress Signs in italics
You can download the effects of stress and warning signs, to review and check mark on your own time. This little poster is just a reminder. Add it to your wellness journal.
I thought I would share a deep meditation technique that any one can do. This technique utilizes suggestive programming in order for you to enter deep meditation and can be very effective.
List of things you will need:
Place a burning candle a few inches away from you. Be sure the flame is at eye level. As the candle is very close to you, you will be able to surround it with your arms, clasping your hands behind the candle (be careful not to burn yourself- if you can not clasp the candle just "hold" the candle).
Begin concentrating intently on the candle flame. While doing so, breathe a little heavier and deep than normal. As you do this, feel yourself relaxing. At this point you will begin to practice the main technique of this candle meditation. You will coordinate specific thoughts (stated below) that are spoken out loud, synchronized with the opening and closing of your eyes. Every time you open your eyes, direct them to the flame. Repeat the steps, until you let go into a deep meditation. Indicators that the technique has taken a hold; slurring of your spoken words, difficulty in coordinating the words you are speaking with opening and closing of your eyes.
The coordinated steps, to say outloud. For best results, pause as possible between the opening and closing of your eyes and the corresponding spoken words.
Note: As soon as the indicators for letting go begin and/or when you feel it is best to go into the deep meditaiton, close your eyes and place your inner visual attention on your 3rd eye. Allow yourself to receive. Meditate as long as time allows.
Learning to be authentic self, I think is the hardest transformation a person can do. When working with clients, the first thing I tell them is that my "job" is only to help guide them, it is their "job" to help themselves. It kinda goes back to the old adage you can lead the horse to water but can't make the horse drink. It is the job of the horse to drink. Human beings are the same. You must decide and willing to completely follow through on living your own authentic truth.
So how do we as humans, go about the truth of authentic self, that personal transformation?
1. It must begin with you- You must be willing to follow through and seek the knowledge that will help you change.
2. Once you are determined, you have to own up to your mistakes in life. In doing this, you must make a commitment that you will make every effort to not rinse and repeat them. You must choose to end the cycle.
3. Be on guard with people you surround yourself with. Do not let the negativity of others rain on your parade, nor influence you in your life. This will only gain setbacks not steps forward.
4. Do not have excuses. Sometimes you are going to have to face some hard truths about yourself. You can not rationalize them and use them to avoid things that would help you on your inner transformation. Those things no longer serve you. Therefore do not give them power.
5. You may lose friends. This happens on the journey of personal transformation. You must be prepared for loss. Remember if you surround yourself with negativity you are just flaming the fire, adding fuel to something that no longer serves you, sometimes these things are people. It's ok to have these losses, because in loss comes growth.
6. You may feel isolated. As you transform more to your authentic self, others may unconsciously resent you. Remember this is an issue that they are facing. Things that they maybe avoiding in life. Therefore may push you away. Don't worry, this is a deterrent as there is far more to gain in your process than what you may get from friends. (Remember number 5)
7. As you become more authentic in your personal transformation, you must not look down upon others. This is highly important. You may feel that others maybe weak and want nothing for themselves. We can not condemn other for behaving exactly the same as we have in the past. Remember this is your journey, not theirs.
8. Value the concept of a higher power. Faith is your choice. Call upon it. Trust that it is working in your favor. Ask upon help from the higher power. Do not be afraid.
9. Authentic self you must face truth about yourself and others. Recognize that part of the change that can take place within yourself depends upon the hardest of truths. If we are more honest with ourselves, the more truthful we can be with others- therefore others will be more truthful with us. Your truth is powerful, it can help those around you.
10. Age is limitless. Neither the inexperience of youth or trials of age can thwart the efforts of those seeking personal transformation. Determination is key.
11. Realize those who you seek guidance from during your journey, may it be a life couch, therapist etc, they are only guides to help you. You must do the work and make the real decisions to change. Change must take place within.
12. Humans need strength, courage and will to help them achieve authentic self.
I am adding a meditation prayer to help you on your journey. I hope that learning some these steps will help you on your path.
confessions of a starseed
Wisdom to be passed to the human race...