Living an authentic spiritual life is extremely hard in today's society, especially in the state of affairs the world is in. However, having a healthy spiritual approach to living life can do wonders to your mental health and improve your overall happiness. Here is just a few tips on how to live a spiritual life, please note these are metaphysical techniques and methodologies, please do what works for you in your life.
I have been wondering how to write this post. I mean, the last thing everyone knew was hey I am in Portland, then hey I am back in Washington state. So I thought I would write about.
Portland was a lesson. Portland was a lesson that not only for myself but also my dear nephew whom I was sharing a house with to go through. Portland, was wonderful. I really liked Portland, even though the highways, caused me major anxiety, but I loved that I was so close to everything. But Portland, was also bringing about a lot of door closures. The weather was delaying my husband from moving our household goods, my husband's work was having nothing but problems trying to hire people to take his place, even though my husband was slated to transfer to Portland. At one point my husband was one of two people doing his job, the universe did not want my husband there. The universe wanted me in Portland, but not my husband. We was separated. It was so difficult. Here we was homeless for so long and finally had a place to go, and everything was keeping us apart. But for me, I had to be in Portland at the time. I do not regret my time in Portland, it happened for a reason. Lessons was learned. But I was sadden when I had to return back to Washington last month. It broke my heart, but also I was happy because I was near my husband and my rock.
Last month, I thought to myself here we go again, I am staying with my soul sister. Which since last June, we had been staying there due to our homelessness. I ask the universe within myself, there needs to be a change. As I was now feeling like a burden on my soul sister. Let me note, I am far from a burden, but I am respectful of my sister, therefore asking her to not only to take me in, but now my son whom flew out to live in January. It weighs heavy on your heart, you do the things you can to help out etc, but it is her house and her things and you start to feel in the way after awhile, because this was only suppose to be a temporary thing not a permanent gig. As you can tell, this has been a huge struggle for me. So yes, when I asked the universe within, I just proclaimed a surrender.
I started to look for housing. I started the process all over again, prepared myself a little better this time. I don't carry credit cards, and don't have a credit score above 600 therefore I knew the process was going to be hard. But I took deep breathes and formulated a plan- I allowed the road to be open.
See Portland taught me what I really wanted, so allowing myself to be open to what I really wanted instead of settling, I allowed the laws of success to come my way. The manifestations of not only what my husband wanted, but what my son needs and I need in life. My family will be taking over as caretakers for a dog sanctuary. I am beyond the moon about this. The best part of this experience, is not only will I be helping out animals but humans as well, since we will be having volunteers out there from different various programs. So as the door closed in Portland, the road opened for us in Washington.
Hands of Hope Sanctuary will be our new home. I will continue to do my practices out there once we relocated. I can not wait to share with everyone the happiness and peace. Never be afraid if a door closes, because the road is just opening up.
Learning to be authentic self, I think is the hardest transformation a person can do. When working with clients, the first thing I tell them is that my "job" is only to help guide them, it is their "job" to help themselves. It kinda goes back to the old adage you can lead the horse to water but can't make the horse drink. It is the job of the horse to drink. Human beings are the same. You must decide and willing to completely follow through on living your own authentic truth.
So how do we as humans, go about the truth of authentic self, that personal transformation?
1. It must begin with you- You must be willing to follow through and seek the knowledge that will help you change.
2. Once you are determined, you have to own up to your mistakes in life. In doing this, you must make a commitment that you will make every effort to not rinse and repeat them. You must choose to end the cycle.
3. Be on guard with people you surround yourself with. Do not let the negativity of others rain on your parade, nor influence you in your life. This will only gain setbacks not steps forward.
4. Do not have excuses. Sometimes you are going to have to face some hard truths about yourself. You can not rationalize them and use them to avoid things that would help you on your inner transformation. Those things no longer serve you. Therefore do not give them power.
5. You may lose friends. This happens on the journey of personal transformation. You must be prepared for loss. Remember if you surround yourself with negativity you are just flaming the fire, adding fuel to something that no longer serves you, sometimes these things are people. It's ok to have these losses, because in loss comes growth.
6. You may feel isolated. As you transform more to your authentic self, others may unconsciously resent you. Remember this is an issue that they are facing. Things that they maybe avoiding in life. Therefore may push you away. Don't worry, this is a deterrent as there is far more to gain in your process than what you may get from friends. (Remember number 5)
7. As you become more authentic in your personal transformation, you must not look down upon others. This is highly important. You may feel that others maybe weak and want nothing for themselves. We can not condemn other for behaving exactly the same as we have in the past. Remember this is your journey, not theirs.
8. Value the concept of a higher power. Faith is your choice. Call upon it. Trust that it is working in your favor. Ask upon help from the higher power. Do not be afraid.
9. Authentic self you must face truth about yourself and others. Recognize that part of the change that can take place within yourself depends upon the hardest of truths. If we are more honest with ourselves, the more truthful we can be with others- therefore others will be more truthful with us. Your truth is powerful, it can help those around you.
10. Age is limitless. Neither the inexperience of youth or trials of age can thwart the efforts of those seeking personal transformation. Determination is key.
11. Realize those who you seek guidance from during your journey, may it be a life couch, therapist etc, they are only guides to help you. You must do the work and make the real decisions to change. Change must take place within.
12. Humans need strength, courage and will to help them achieve authentic self.
I am adding a meditation prayer to help you on your journey. I hope that learning some these steps will help you on your path.
confessions of a starseed
Wisdom to be passed to the human race...